- Only the Owner Policy protects the property owner’s interest – the Loan Policy does not;
- The Owner Policy insures the entire value of the property;
- The Owner Policy is a one-time premium and the policy remains in effect and covers the insured for as long as they own the property;
- Your coverage continues even AFTER conveying title by Warranty Deed in the event the new owner files a claim;
- Coverage includes protection for “undetectable” defects such as forgery or fraud;
- An Expanded Owner Policy includes survey coverage without a survey and covers you for things like building permits or zoning issues.
The Owners Policy of Title Insurance can be one of the most important purchases that you make for your new home. Your lender will require you to purchase a Lenders Policy of Title Insurance to cover them. For a minimal amount more, you can protect your interest as well.